Residential Duct Cleaning
Residential Duct Cleaning
Cleaning the air ducts in your home every 3-5 years is crucial in maintaining the health of you and your family, as well as extending the life of your furnace and reducing your energy bills. For those who endure long winters indoors, air quality is important but often overlooked. Contact Canadian Power Vac today, and let us get you on the road to breathing cleaner air.
When looking for a reputable service provider, beware of scams. Insist on asking for their NADCA Certification as well as their liability insurance and WCB Clearance certificate. At CPV, all our technicians are NADCA trained and use only state-of-the-art tools and equipment. Our truck-mounted vacuums have an incredible 12,000 CFM suction power, which is the equivalent of 200 household vacuum cleaners! Dust and debris do not stand a chance.
- We call to confirm your appointment two days prior to arrival.
- We arrive on time, explain the process, and answer questions.
- We advise pet owners to stay with their pets as we clean (animals do not like the noise).
- We set up drop cloths and corner guards to protect your home as we work.
- We connect the 200 vacuum cleaners – AKA the CPV truck mount – to the access we cut on both the supply and return side near the furnace.
- We seal all vents and grills with special sticky tape so vacuum power is maximized and no dust escapes.
- We clean each vent individually using a high-powered air-driven octopus. This beast provides us with 220 PSI of cleaning power!
- After the octopus has done its job, we flush each vent with high-powered air.
- We clean all the vents in the basement, including the main ducts, and monitor the heavy debris being sucked out of the house into the truck.
- We ensure your AC coil and heat exchanger are protected from debris bypass using an exchanger protector.
- We remove the protector and clean the AC coil, heat exchanger and all the furnace’s working parts, including the blower.
- We shine up the inside of the furnace and all the covers and pop in a new filter.
- We remove the tape from the vents, seal up our vacuum access holes using metal plates, metal tape and screws, and test the furnace for smooth operation.
- We quickly pack away our tools, hoses and equipment.
- We review our work and present you with the before and after pictures.
- We provide recommendations for maintenance.
- We answer questions and will address concerns you may have.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Canadian Power Vac feels that the dryer is one of the most essential appliances in the home (after the coffee machine, of course). Keeping the duct behind the dryer clean and free of fine lint will help avoid a costly dryer breakdown and possibly even a catastrophic fire. It’s recommended that you inspect and clean it at least once a year. Often this can be done on your own, unless the duct is too long, is located on the roof, or has too many turns to do yourself.
Our trusty reverse skipper high-pressure ball can be used from the outside to do the job in a matter of minutes. It snakes its way from the outside all the way to the back of your dryer and spits out the lint so that we can bag it and dispose of it. In the rare case this does not work, we can clean it from the inside with the same result.
Signs Your Dryer Vent Needs Cleaning
- Your clothes do not dry properly.
- Your dryer is hot to the touch.
- Your laundry room feels hot and humid.
- Your vent hood flap doesn’t open while the dryer is running.
Preventative maintenance is essential to avoid a potential house fire. If these are some of the symptoms you are experiencing, call Canadian Power Vac to get the problem resolved quickly and professionally.
Soot, ash, and oily creosote buildup can be problematic if left unchecked. If you have a wood-burning fireplace, you should know when it was last cleaned. Canadian Power Vac is your go-to chimney sweep. We’ll eliminate the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning or chimney fires.
Central Vac Systems
Your home’s inlet and pipe system is subject to clogs, leftover debris, and dust buildup. If your vacuum’s performance is lacking, we have the equipment to sanitize your home for improved suction. Remember, central vac maintenance is cheaper than central vac repair.
Washroom Exhaust Fans
When it comes to properly maintaining your bathroom fan, the job demands more than light dusting with a broom. A clogged or broken washroom exhaust can impact performance. A working exhaust is your best defence against mildew growth and lingering odours.